01

有些伤痕,划在手上,愈合后就成了往事。有些伤痕,划在心上,那怕划得很轻,也会留驻于心。有些人,近在咫尺,却是一生无缘

Monday 19 September 2011

180911 Waterfall Survivors


To start off, yes I certainly did join lots of meaningful events recently. After being volunteer in the wheelchair donation charity dinner, I joined the waterfall survivor two days later. Its an event where we go to the waterfall collect and clean the rubbish around it also some people will be there promoting and creating awareness to the tourist so that they keep the place clean according to the purpose. Its meaningful, however I only see the activity of picking up rubbish and cleaning up the surrounding carrying on. Which I think is a way that does not really solve the problem since people will still dirty up the place.

Well, I woke up at around 5.30 in the morning and waited for Ian to fetch me from house to the meeting place which is located at Petronas station near Ikea. According to the schedule, we should arrive at 7am sharp and the bus started picking up the volunteers until 7.30am. BUT!! The buses were late and at around 8.30 only we start our journey to Templer's Park at Selangor. By the time we reach there is around 9am if I am not mistaken and according to the emcee, there are still 4 buses coming.

We ate the breakfast provided by the committee of Waterfall Survivors (Nasi Lemak and some kuih) while waiting for their arrival. Anyway, I think the 4 buses decided not to join us in the end after missing their way to nowhere LOL. So, we spread into two groups and started our cleaning programme. There are 7 areas I think where the tourists can climb as high as they wish and choose their favour place to play with the waterfall. Which means, we have 7 spot to clean up. However, due to the insufficient of man power, we cleaned up to area 5 only according to the emcee. (We climbed till the 6th area I think because of the unclear direction board.)

Throughout the whole cleaning process, I seriously think that these people should be send to primary school again and re-educate for their sense of moral. If you want to enjoy your picnic time in this super comfortable mother nature, PLEASE DONT create the rubbish and spoil the environment. Those leftover that you brought, plastics and what so ever that is no longer wanted, there is a rubbish bin there for you to throw. Even if there is not, its a common sense to bring back what ever that you have brought there right? And if there is a bin there for u to throw, please throw it inside and instead of throwing it on the floor around the rubbish bin =.=

Isn't it unmoral that you throw all the rubbish, besides create messiness you too create unpleasant smell. You were there to enjoy the pretty of the mother nature besides having fun. So WHY?? Why spoil the scenery?

Anyway, we manage to collect quite a lot of rubbish. Surprisingly, these include: underwear, condom, and tissue used to wipe people's buttock after they shit!!! I was like WTH?? They dont think?? I can even use that to curse (下降头) them lol just thinking ><

After cleaning up for one and a half hour, at 11.30am we started to transport the rubbish bags down by forming human chain. Which means, every volunteers were to stand in a row and passing those bags down the hill. To be honest, its heavy and smelly and tiring. Had our lunch at around 12.30pm and we headed back around 1pm.

Sincerely speaking, I think its a good idea that they asked to bring our own container and cutlery to prevent wastage and creating more rubbish. BUT!! For breakfast, its nasi lemak and for lunch, its chicken rice. And both are wrapped in paper, so what is the point asking us to bring our own container, may I ask? Same thing to cutlery, they provided plastic spoons.

Oh ya, something interesting... As usual there is a lot of monkeys there and these monkeys are to find food from the rubbish bin usually. Yes they did that, but one of the monkeys actually grab the whole pack of chicken rice supplied, climb all the way up to a tree and started to eat the rice. While eating that, it throw all the thing that it dont want to eat down to the tree where there are clothes hanging under there lol. Funny little thing. Well, this is how it goes, we spoiled the environment and the monkeys eat from rubbish. How sarcastic.

Anyway, I enjoyed through the whole activity and my muscles are all painful even until now. Having fun of course with my dearest friends and omg... I laughed for almost the whole afternoon because of Yoke Hui's jokesssss (I realised I keep mentioning her in my blog ><) Having wonderful time of taking pictures and chatting and playing and laughter and 38 and am exhausted. After lots of 'andss' I had a goodnight sleep that night =D

Photos will be on the next post by tomorrow I guess.. Feeling a bit lazy to upload so many photos as they appear in FB too.. By the way, I will combine and upload it to make my blog have pictures to look at instead of millions of words lol

More information can be get on this page: Waterfall Survivors' blogspot

~nong~

No comments:

Post a Comment